I have had this tense neck that I can't find

Neurologist, Surgical
Question
I have had this tense neck that I can't find peace in, no matter how I rest. It's been around 2 weeks and the neck still a bit weak, but it's better, but for a week or so the pain (burning, pulsating) has started in my middle back at my spine. Maybe 1cm to the left side. I can't really get the pain to go away and it gets worse if I touch the area just very light. It feels maybe inflamed, but there's nothing to see. I have ibuprofen and panodil, can they help? I took one ibuprofen but I feel only a little better.

When I bend my head it hurt more and feel like it's pulling. I feel slightly sensitive even laying or sitting on my back. Which position can I use to rest the best?

Do you have an idea what it could be? Seems to be connected to the spine and neck.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to Rule out Neuro Fibroma

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Welcome to HealthCareMagic.com I am Dr.J XXXXXXX Anto Bruno Mascarenhas. I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help you.

I understand that you have the following issues

1. Uncomfortable for several days now in left side somewhere between under the shoulder blade and spine.
2. Neck feels like it's getting less XXXXXXX too
3. Back pain seems to get worse as neck/head is moved forward into a hunch position.
4. Don't feel like resting the neck or upper back in any position.
5. The pain feels warm burning sensation that irritates when laying on back.
6. The first pain started after a nights sleep.
7. Feeling a sensitive burning like feeling on left bottom shoulder blade some month ago,
8. Irritated when sitting on a chair. Origin could not be located
9. 2 weeks ago got a painful pain and soreness in upper back, just left of spine.
10. It came together with a very tense neck that couldn't find rest in.
11. Weak back and sit a lot in bad postures
12. Over the last 2 days feel the swollen sensation just around or left of spine.
13. Feels slightly like can feel it pumping and the pain is like a burning pain.
14. Feel like the pain gets worse if neck in bended forward or put it into curved position.
15. Can't really lay comfortable in any position.
16. Feel stiffer in neck and spine when trying to look or move around.
17. Have a mole more or less in the same area
18. Tense neck 2 weeks and the neck still a bit weak, but it's better, but for a week or so the pain (burning, pulsating) has started in middle back at spine. Maybe 1cm to the left side. Can't really get the pain to go away and it gets worse if the area is touched. It feels maybe inflamed, but there's nothing to see.
19. When head is bend it hurt more and feel like it's pulling.
20. Feel slightly sensitive even laying or sitting on back.

Of these
Symptoms 1 to 13, 15,16,18-20 reveal muscle Spasm
Symptom 14 suggest anterior Compression
Symptom 17 suggest a Neurocutaneous Marker
Symptoms 1,7,9,12,18 suggest a lesion in left side

So
Based on what you have narrated, I would suggest a Levo Antero lateral Compressive Pathology, Probably due to Neurofibroma in the region of Cervical Spine

What to do
You need to Consult a Neurosurgeon who will evaluate you with Clinical Examination and Nerve Conduction Studies and Radiological Evaluation

Which position can I use to rest the best?
You can lie on the Left Lateral Side : Left Side Down which may reduce the pain

Hope you found the answer helpful.

If you need any clarification / have doubts / have additional questions / have follow up questions, then please do not hesitate in asking again. I will be happy to answer your questions.

Best Wishes for Speedy Recovery
Let me know if I can assist you further.

-oOo-

PS 1 : After all your doubts have been cleared, kindly (a) Close this Question (b) Rate my Replies and (c) Give your Feedback.

PS 2 : In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly in HealthCareMagic at http://bit.ly/askdrbruno

Follow-up: I have had this tense neck that I can't find 40 minutes later
Hi thank you for your answers. I have maybe to be a bit more specific.

Regarding the pain at my, it started yesterday to burn and feel Stiff primarily in my neck and burning in my back. Before yesterday I had generel pain in the back, but without being able to locate it. I struggle with bad posture and have a family with weak backs. I sit in bad positions and that seem to have started it. And I use computer and phone a lot during the day.

Regarding the mole, then the mole has been there as long as I can remember and has not just appeared. I have had pain in this location before, it cracked in between my shoulder and spine 6-7 months ago and lasted for a good week and then disappeared.

I try to fix my posture by sitting straight, which in turn makes me very tired in my back.

My back feels tight and maybe like something is stuck in something. It's a bit hard to explain.

Of course I'm not sure if all these symptoms are related or if they are different things. But my main issue seems. To be the burning sore area at my spine.

Thank you for your time ☺️

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Burning Pain due to Neuropathy and or Radiculopathy

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir
Thanks for the Follow Up

I will explain symptoms one by one
1
<<
>>
This is consistent with my earlier reply
The Burning pain is due to Radiculopathy

2
<<
>>
This is consistent with my earlier opinion

3
<<
>>

After going through the additional points you have told me now
My First Diagnosis would still be
1.Levo Antero lateral Compressive Pathology, Probably due to Neurofibroma in the region of Cervical Spine
The Differential Diagnosis are
2. Compressive Cervical Myelopathy due to Cervical Spondylosis
3. Non Compressive Myelopathy due to CV Junction Pathology
4. Metabolic Non Compressive Myelopathy

The Further Course of Action remains the same : You need to Consult a Neurosurgeon who will evaluate you with Clinical Examination and Nerve Conduction Studies and Radiological Evaluation

Please feel free to ask more doubts

Follow-up: I have had this tense neck that I can't find 15 minutes later
Thank you again.

Is this a temporary condition or can I train or rest my way out of it? I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow.

Is the mole a cause of this?

Is it causes by bad posture or weak back?

What can I do to prevent or make it better etc.?

Thank you for your time.

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Correct Diagnosis needs Clinical Examination & Investigations

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir

Correct Diagnosis regarding a disease or condition requires
1. Complaints
2. Detailed History
3. Clinical Examination
4. Investigations

Only with these four we can arrive at correct diagnosis
In this case

I have only
1. Complaints
2. Detailed History

So
We cannot say with certainity as to what your problem is
We can only say the most common conditions correlating with your history

Hence It is not possible to answer the following questions at this juncture
//
Is this a temporary condition or can I train or rest my way out of it? I'll be seeing a doctor tomorrow
Is the mole a cause of this?
//
Once you consult a Neurosurgeon in person
and
Take Nerve Conduction Studies and MRI
and share those results here

I will be in a position to answer in detail for each of these questions
Best Wishes Sir

Follow-up: I have had this tense neck that I can't find 13 minutes later
Okay thank you so much. I will see what my doctor says tomorrow. Appreciate your help.

Answered by Dr. Bruno Mascarenhas 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You Will Be Fine

Detailed Answer:
Don't Worry Sir
You will be Fine Soon !