I have been experiencing sore lips and dried cracks inside my mouth inspite of using antibiotics and acyclovir

I got acute bronchitis a week ago went to the ER they subscribed Zpack 4 day Predisone 10 mg 4 pills only for four days Acyclovir 400mg for my herpes (only had vaginial herpes not mouth) have had it for yrs had a break out last week also I have COPD so to stay on my Symbacore My breathing is good I'm on my fourth day today resting only last day for Zpack 12 acyclovir pills left @ 3 times a day Question is my lip inside areas bottom and sides are still very sore Ihave been using Vasoline and Carmaz to keep moisture going if not it drys ups and cracks and peals of the dead skin When I eat I can taste metal from the spoon Food is usually yoga and scrambled eggs lots of water and propel so I have electronics And thing I can do to help my lips still sore Im on vacation and its a 5 hour drive home to see my regular doctor is there any thing I can do before I go home in three days or should I just go home sooner to see my regular doctor? Don't want to go back to ER for 7 hour wait.....
Posted Sat, 15 Mar 2014 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 5 hours later
Brief Answer: Apthous ulcer Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query You are on correct treatment for the bronchitis and also for the herpes. However it looks like you have developed mouth ulcers which could be due to the anti biotics and acyclovir you are on. Here are my suggestions to you 1. Do not brush over the area, avoid chewing from that region as well 2. Apply Metrogyl DG gel over the area 3 times a day 3. Use mouth wash 2 times a day 4. Gingivitis usually takes about 1-2 weeks to get better, you can take tab acetaminophen two to three times daily for the pain and soreness 5. I dont think going to the ER is necessary for this, you can take an appointment with your regular doctor if it does not get better. 6. Complete your course of Zpack and Acyclovir as there are only few more doses left I hope I was of help to you, if you have any further queries please get back to me I wish you good health and speedy recovery Regards I hope I was of help to you