Ask a Urologist   »  

I had a bad bladder infection where only blood and

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
I had a bad bladder infection where only blood and clots...doctor put me on macro if..taking it 2 times daily. Now have severe itching and pressure to urinate..very uncomfortable...still taking the pill, will see dr again on Tuesday, but this is.saturday and I don't know if this is vaginal or urination..burning. The doctor also gave me Premarin vag cream, but o lay used it once, then tje bladder infection happened. I'm 77 yrs old and a widow..I need help. Thanks!
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for follow up .

Blood in urine (Hematuria ) is an alarming symptom and can be due to either infection of bladder (Cystitis or due to mass in bladder which needs to be investigated .

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Endoscopic examination of bladder (Cystoscopy).

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean while continue taking Macrobid along with Nitrofurantoin twice daily and urine alkalizer thrice daily .

Ensure to drink more water to keep your urine dilute .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.