I am kaiser patient. Taking medicine for depression, sleep disorder, restless leg. Effective medication?

I have been a Kaiser patient for at least 10 years. My Cobra coverage expired and my prescriptions are now out and need to be refilled. I take Effexor and Lamictal for depression and anxiety; Klonopin and Ambien for sleep disorders, including insomnia, restless legs and REM behavioral sleep disorder; Levitra for ED; and, Maxalt and Norco for migraine head aches. How will I get these meds now? Who will prescribe? I need some of medications today, is that possible?
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for your questions,

These are medications which must be prescribed in person by a physician who can review your medical records. Klonopin, Norco and Ambien are controlled substances and a physical encounter with a physician is absolutely necessary for these prescriptions. I would contact your previous doctor and see if they can provide you with an adequate short term refill to allow you to establish with a new doctor.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns.

Dr. Galamaga