I am facing itching on my legs from thigh and

Excellent

Question
I am facing itching on my legs from thigh and below.
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Internal Doctor Category

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly send details of your symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Short term itching is common during season changes and may not be due to any specific medical condition.

But to be able to better help you, I need details about your symptoms. Do you have any other symptoms like dry skin, rash, redness, fever, swelling, etc? Do you take any medicines? Do you have any medical condition like diabetes, thyroid issues, etc?
Can you upload the photo of the skin area that has itching?

Waiting for your reply.
Dr Vaishalee

Follow-up: I am facing itching on my legs from thigh and 27 hours later
Thanks Doctor,

No, I don't have above medical condition like diabetes, thyroid issues etc...
I don't have any other symptoms like fever, swelling, rash, dry skin or redness etc..

Even-though I want to divert my mind, so that I could not feel restless to itch but I couldn't, due to that restlessness blood is also comes up.

Kindly let me know how I will overcome or shall I need to apply any cream on it or need to take any medicine.

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can apply anti-itch cream

Detailed Answer:
Hi again

Thanks for reverting back.

You can apply hydrocortisone cream 1% on the specific area that itches. This is low potency steroid. No need to apply on normal, non-itching skin. This cream to be applied twice a day or as needed for 7-10 days and then discontinued for few days. Prolonged use to be discouraged. Itching to be avoided as it may lead to bleeding especially if there is lichenification of skin. Lichen can spread more by itching.

If still the itching persists then antihistaminic medicines can be taken like tablet hydroxyzine 25 mg twice daily.

Hope it helps. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Vaishalee