Hurt elbow. No pain until rested. Why is the pain only at a specific point?

I had a fall on the staircase a month ago. I hurt my left elbow. there is no pain unless I rest my elbow in V shape on the armrest of a chair. Its bearable, with slight discomfort. I am playing badminton using same hand, no pain during games at all. pain is at a specific point in a specific position. What is the cure?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 54 minutes later

Most likely it is due to muscle strain and injury to ligaments and tendons of the elbow; but we have to rule out any fracture as well. Although from your symptoms fracture is a relatively less possibility yet an x-ray elbow needs to be done to rule out even a small hair line fracture.

Apply some cold compresses by wrapping ice in a towel and consult an orthopediaicn as you may need Ibuprofen or Diclofenac. Also avoid putting any pressure on the injured area or doing activities which aggravate the pain.

I also suggest you to consult your doctor for detailed examination. X-ray and MRI of the area to rule out any good health.