How to use scheriproct suppositories for anal fissure?

Hi, I saw my GP yesterday and was given Scheriproct suppositories to use for an anal fissure. I am just wondering do I just insert the suppository just inside where the fissure is or do I push it up as high as I can?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The anal fissure is at the anal verge. So if you keep the suppository at that level, it will pop out. You need to place the suppository above the level of the anal sphincter. If you insert your finger, you can feel a muscular thing contracting around your finger. That is the level of the anal sphincter. You should place the suppository above it. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini