How to use scheriproct suppositories for anal fissure?
User rating for this question
Hi, I saw my GP yesterday and was given Scheriproct suppositories to use for an anal fissure. I am just wondering do I just insert the suppository just inside where the fissure is or do I push it up as high as I can?
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Answer given below Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you. The anal fissure is at the anal verge. So if you keep the suppository at that level, it will pop out. You need to place the suppository above the level of the anal sphincter. If you insert your finger, you can feel a muscular thing contracting around your finger. That is the level of the anal sphincter. You should place the suppository above it. I hope that answers your question. Let me know if I can assist you further. Regards, Dr.Ratnakar Kini
People also viewed
- Ulcerative colitis and flucloxacillin
- How to use scheriproct suppositories for anal fissure
- Causes inflamed duodenum
- Use of daktacort in anal fissures
- Hiatal hernia hot sauce bad for
- Use of fucidin on anal fissure
- Why smoking is bad for hiatus hernia
- Is levocetirizine bad for heart
- Does cherry juice hurts stomach?
- What causes a hole in the pancreas
- Can metrogyl be used for anal fissure
- Effects of popping a cherry stomach pain
- Using tinactin for anal fissure
- Bad teeth and heart palpitations
- Methylprednisolone bad for hiv