How to treat infection on leg and lower back?

General Surgeon
My age is 22 years. height 5.11' and weight 59kg.
I have an infection which i guess is because of the usage of western toilet in my leg below my back. Its kind of itchy and have used candid, imograf zincoderm ointment in consultation with doctors and tablets i have eaten are af-150, flucanozole, but the situation is still seems to be the same.It itches too much and it seems the medicine is not working.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 4 hours later

You have itching over your legs & area below back. You already taken full course of anti fungal drug fluconazole & anti fungal ointment. Chronic dermatitis generally
respond slowly.

I think you should avoid using steroids as it gives quick relief for some time & disease recurs soon. It can be do to worm infestation along with fungal, super added by bacterial infection & some times due to allergy also.

So you first get things investigated for fungal infection or bacterial or allergic by some thing. Only once the proper diagnosis is made get treatment from some experienced skin specialist. They are better than regular practitioners for resistant treatments.

You can send a picture to my attention with SUB" Dr Bajoria". I will take a look at it too. But for treatment you should go to Skin specialist for prescription drugs.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and speedy recovery”

Follow-up: How to treat infection on leg and lower back? 1 hour later

I am not on steroids. Can you please tell me the medicine which I took was for that symptoms or not as I am having doubt about that. Can you atleast suggest some of the medicine and which type of food should be avoided as I am in dire need for that because of its itching prblem.

Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 7 hours later
Hi Again,

You need a course of antibiotics like Azithromycin which can act on bacterial infections. This needs a prescription from doctor to buy from a chemist. I am not sure if any other anti fungals can help even after taking potent Flucanazole.

I do not think any food changes restriction or changes has any role in the clearing of the infection.

You should consider visiting a Skin specialist now without wasting too much time and money on a diagnosis which is barely made by your doctor.

Hope these answers your query.