How to prevent the effects of food poisoning?

About 2 hours ago, I ate a slice of Canadian bacon that was refrigerated. I didn't notice that the Sell By date said Sep. 28, 2013. Is there something I can do to prevent the effects of food poisoning?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Provoking vomit is suggested... Detailed Answer: Hi, Usually, if you would have food poisoning, by this time, you would have problems (nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.). If you have no sign, then, should be safe of food poisoning. I suggest to : - drink warm water (up to 3 liters) - within 20 minutes, you will feel to vomit, and your stomach will be empty Drink more water after vomiting and have light meals (yogurt, soups) until the next day. Hope it was of help! Dr.Albana Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!