How to prevent excessive gas formation and frequent bowel movement?

Jan 2013

Gas is formating in my stomach & it lead to toilet 3 to 4 time in day, eventhough the is formating and releasing from seat.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 34 hours later
Welcome to Healthcarecaremagic forum.

Let me know the associated symptoms along with mentioned.
Do you have yellow discoloration of eyes and urine/ fatigue/ weakness/ acidic belching/ nausea or vomiting/ watery diarrhea/ constipation?
Since how long are you suffering from these symptoms?

With the available described symptoms, there appears to be possibility of Acute bacterial gastroenteritis.
Presence of excessive flatulence with 3-4 toilet suggests the diagnosis.
This defined history is very specific for acute bacterial gastroenteritis.

Presence of watery diarrhea generally suggests gastroenteritis but at times watery diarrhea is absent and patient has only recurrent urge to use washroom and it also indicates gastroenteritis.

You should consult with XXXXXXX medicine specialist/ gastroenterologist and should go for through check up.
You should also go for complete blood count, ultrasound imaging studies of abdomen, serum amylase and liver function test.

Treatment depends on exact diagnosis.
Meanwhile, you should take complete antibiotic course, antispasmodics (if you have associated abdominal pain), probiotics.

You should also avoid tomatoes, citrus fruits, and oily spicy foods.
Avoid keeping boiled potatoes and dough in refrigerator.
Take only 200 ml of milk in day in morning hours.

Hope that helps.
Let me know your other query.
Take care,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava