How to prepone periods?

My husband is in defense he is coming in for a day on 17th, my problem is my periods were due today but they got delayed. In XXXXXXX also they were delayed by a week. I am hoping not to have them on 17th. what can I do now to have them early or delay them a bit. I am 42 year old .
Posted Thu, 27 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: norethisterone Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. It is possible to delay the periods but not quicken it. For my patients I suggest that they take Tab Norethisterone 5mg 2-3 tablets per day. . In india it is available by the name of primolute N. Periods will come 5-7 days after stoping this medicine. This medicine has to be started atleast 5 days before the expected period to have its effect. If taken close to the expected period then it may not be able to delay the period. Its ok to take this option occasionally but not regularly as it will lead to irregular periods further. Do discuss with your treating family doctor for the prescription. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: How to prepone periods? 1 hour later
my due date was 10th so can I take a chance and start this or just opt for i-pill over the counter.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: You may try Norethisterone Detailed Answer: Hello Considering the fact that your last cycle was delayed by 7 days, you can still take a chance. I pill won't serve the purpose. The only purpose it will serve is that it will act like a contraceptive. If that is what you need then you may try for Norethisteron and take i pill in emergency. Hope that helps Regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD