How to overcome erectile dysfunciton inspite of taking Cialis?

Psychiatrist
Question
I am 59 years old.. Have been having trouble getting and maintaining an erection.. Have bben on and off Cialis for a year.. It doesn't work either..Any suggestions..
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Erectile Dysfunction

Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 17 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX

I would be glad to help you with your query, but I guess you may need to provide more information here.

Erectile dysfunction (trouble getting and maintaining erection) can be a result of -
- Diabetes
- Performance anxiety
- Nervous system dysfunction

These are some of the commonest causes that I can think of in your situation. Can you let me know if you have any significant physical illness such as Diabetes, any heart condition, high blood pressure, etc.?

It would also be prudent to ask if you have been experiencing anxiety and increased stress over the course of the last one year.

Can you please also mention any other significant information you would like to share. A significant point to note is if you can get the early morning erections as usual, or if they are also reduced.

Based on your reply, I would be able to help you better.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

Follow-up: How to overcome erectile dysfunciton inspite of taking Cialis? 3 hours later
I am healthy and don't have any health problems.. I also don't get morning erections anymore either.. I don't have any stress or other situations in my life either.. I have been experiencing,since yesterday, some discomfort when I urinate..Also urinating more frequently and flow seems restricted.. After urinating I still feel like I still have to go for a short time afterwards.

Answered by Dr. Abhijeet Deshmukh, 7 hours later
Hi.

Thanks for the additional information. The urinary problems you are having seem to be similar to symptoms of prostate hypertrophy (enlarged prostate gland). You can get that evaluated by your doctors. This is a benign condition usually, obstructs the urine flow, and might be associated with erectile dysfunction. Almost 50% of the individuals with Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH) suffer from erectile dysfunction.

You can consult a Urologist or a General Surgeon for treatment advice for BPH (if diagnosed). Adequate management of BPH is expected to improve the erectile functions.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have more queries. Take care.

Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD