How to maintain regular menstrual cycle, correct time for conception. Treatment? Food to take/avoid thyroid?

Question
How to maintain regular menstrual cycle and when will be the current time to plan for children. Will there be any other reasons for delay apart from Thyroid. Please suggest on type of treatment that I should opt for. What type of food I take/avoid to control thyroid.
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Infertility Problem

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 23 hours later
It's important to have ideal body weight and regular exercise. If you have facial hair fat acne hair loss then you should do these tests FSH LH Prolactin and control thyroid. Also do semen exam. An ultrasound for ovulation study from day 11 of cycle till ovulation is required. Have regular intercourse at least once in 2-3days.it might take one yr to conceive. Best wishes

Follow-up: How to maintain regular menstrual cycle, correct time for conception. Treatment? Food to take/avoid thyroid? 15 minutes later
I had my menstrulal start date on 18th May, so to conceive which days are idea to have the intercourse. I have heard that from the start of the period as 1st day, 9th to 15th day have good chances to conceive if done during these days. Could you please clarify me on this.

Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 10 minutes later
Best time to conceive is day 12 to 20 of cycle. One contact in 48 to 72 hrs is good.typically ovulation day is cycle length minus 14.so if u have 32 days cycle your ovulation is on day 18counting from day1 of menses