Ask a Urologist   »  

How to increase penis size? What is the normal penis size when erect?

Hi my penis looks like a baby penis when it is flaccid or flat. It looks like it is 1 inch or something. But when it is erect its long and looks like a normal pens size like 6 inches or something i guess. Its not normal right? I searched on the internet also and even a normal but very small penis is long enough like 3 or 4 inches or more. And i have seen other people's penis too. But mine is only 1 inch when it is flaccid or flat and not erect and i have gone into depression thinking about it. This was always like this but I noticed more now and think about it.It does not let me concentrate on any thing in my life. It bothers me a lot. It looks like a 12 year old's penis and i am 18.Have you ever heard of such a thing before? What should I do? How do i take my mind off this? its very disturbing please help. I can't even go to anyone regarding this. What will I even say. Please help. Also, it turns left most of the time when i lie down and the whole penis turns completely to the left side when its erect. I believe i used to masturbate the wrong way and now whenever i masturbate i feel the exciting feeling only on the left part. Should i stop masturbating as it could worsen things? Will not masturbating make it less sensitive and normal after a while?while it become straight again?
Posted Sun, 30 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 14 minutes later

We as doctors are never concerned about the size of the penis in flaccid state. Somebody can have only 1 inch penis when flaccid but good length when erect; this is absolutely normal. You have good length penis when erect and should stop worrying about it.

Almost everybody has an angulation of the penis when erect. Right-handers have angulation towards left and vice versa. However, if you are still concerned about the angulation then you can send me the picture of erect penis and I shall help you further. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Masturbation is equivalent of sexual intercourse and there is nothing wrong with it. However, excess of everything is bad and you should take care on that front. As far as sensitivity issue is concerned masturbation has very little role to play and it shall improve by itself.

I hope I have answered all your queries and your mind is at ease.

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: How to increase penis size? What is the normal penis size when erect? 2 hours later
No i have never seen anyone's penis so small when flaccid. I am in severe depression because obviously this does not seem normal and i just can't get it out of my mind. I don't know how to get rid of the thought,it bothers me like crazy.
Sorry, I wouldn't want to upload a picture but its not a normal angulation towards left. It completely turns to the left(even the base of the penis) ( i think the base inside the body turns because of which the whole penis turns left) when it is about to be erect and when erect it points 90 degrees toward the left side, not straight. When i le down it automatically falls to tat side. I feel it happen because i used to rub my penis to my left leg so as to masturbate since a long time because i did not know how to masturbate. But even now when i masturbate normally only the left part gets excited which is why i feel the left nerves are sensitive which is why it turns left and points towards that direction, specially when erect. The baby size when flaccid bothers me the most. What should i do? Please help
When I lie down it automatically falls to the left side
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

Penis size when flaccid can vary from 1/2 inch to 5 inches and it has no bearing on the sexual function and size of penis when erect. What really matters is penile hardness when erect.

90 degrees angulation towards left is not natural and you should get yourself examined by urologist and if required, get it rectified. Hopefully, now that you have improved on your masturbation technique you should start having better angulation on erection.

Rajiv goel
Follow-up: How to increase penis size? What is the normal penis size when erect? 18 hours later
When it is flaccid it is small and not even big in diameter. When it gets erect it becomes longer and thicker too. I see it mosty when it is flaccid and it gives me a very disturbing feeling. Have you ever seen someone's penis like this? like baby small when flaccid. and normal when erect. Have you ever heard about this from some one? I keep thinking about it and how its not normal.

When it starts getting erect and long (from 1 inch to 6), initially it turns almost 90 degrees but then coz its erect and in the air ,it shows lesser angulation like maybe 30 degrees.I am scared of going to a urologist and scared of how he would rectify it. Plus it could be XXXXXXX right? i mean the rectifying part. how exactly will he rectify it? I know the small size when flaccid has no bearing on the sexual function when erect, but i always see this size obviously, and it gives me a very disturbing feeling that its not normal and does not hang like every other person. What should I do? Please help.
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 7 minutes later

In my practice, I almost daily see at least one patient with penis length less than 1 inch when flaccid. As I have suggested earlier I shall stop worrying about the length when flaccid and it should stop disturbing you because it is a pretty common phenomenon.

Angulation is measured only when the penis is fully erect and if your angulation is around 30 degrees I shall not worry about that too and hence no visit to urologist is necessary.

Stop focusing on penis size and you shall be a lot more relaxed.

All the best

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: How to increase penis size? What is the normal penis size when erect? 7 days later
It is still bothering me. My penis when not erect feels like a baby size.You said thats normal but recently i saw some people in a locker room and the penis girth when not erect was fine even if it was small.My penis is very thin when not erect and fine in size and thickness when erect.can u please send me some penis pictures to make me believe that this size and girth is normal when flaccid..
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later

You shall have to believe my words. It is highly unethical for me to post somebody's pictures without permission.

Rajiv Goel
Follow-up: How to increase penis size? What is the normal penis size when erect? 1 hour later
I am not asking you to post someone's pictures. Just send me XXXXXXX off the internet please, to show me. Do the people with one inch penis also have thin size? or the thickness remains the same?
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 54 minutes later

Visit the site!/penis-image-1.

Rajiv goel