How to have a fair baby?

hi now i am 2 month pregnant my husband is fair but i am dark i want my baby to have fair complexion plz suggest me.
Posted Tue, 11 Mar 2014 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: No such medicines. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The skin color of the baby is genetically determined and there are multiple genes that control this. It is difficult to predict the complexion of your baby and there are no medicines or food supplements that have been approved by FDA that have any role in improving the skin color of the baby. What can temporarily change or influence your baby's skin colour are health and environmental issues. Once these issues are resolved, your baby's skin colour will return to the shade and tone he/she was born with. You can have a healthy baby with the help of regular antenatal vitamins; a diet rich in proteins and calcium and a regular daily exercise like walking. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: How to have a fair baby? 33 minutes later
My weight is 71.2 now my height 158 cm give my average weight and how can i reduce my overweight?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Healthy weight range for you is 46-63 Kg. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. Your healthy weight should not exceed 63 Kgs as per your height. You are slightly overweight right now. Right now going for a weight loss plan is not recommended as you are pregnant. But mild dietary modifications will help you like- Try taking more proportions of low carbohydrate, high fibre foods and avoid the high calorie foods. Vegetables — Avoid vegetables that have high carbohydrate content like potatoes, peas, corns, carrots, beetroot, etc) Take more of vegetables which have more water or fibre content like cauliflower, cucumber, beans, greens, brocoli, lettuce, etc. Fruits — Choose watery fruits like oranges, sweetlime, watermelon and papaya. Avoid dense fruits like bananas, pears, apples, pineapple, dried fruits, etc. Cereals - Take rice for only one meal a day and substitute it with whole wheat bread, oats, corn flakes, etc. Drinks - Take skimmed milk and lime juice. Avoid carbonated drinks, milk shakes and fruit juices (you can eat a portion of raw fruits everyday. If you are a non-vegetarian, you can take more of fish and avoid red meat. Eat the white of the egg and avoid the yolk. Try to cook boiled or baked preparations and avoid deep fried or oily preparations. Strictly avoid fast foods, any deep fried foods, sweet foods and carbonated drinks. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards