Ask a Urologist   »  

How to get rid of pimple growth on penis?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
hi doc
i have grown a pimple like thing in my penis.could u suggest me some medicines to get rid of the same?
Posted Sat, 9 Feb 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
The lesion that you have described could be a wart, molluscum, fordyce spot or a nodule or pustule due to some infection.
I would be able to confirm the possibilities and suggest a treatment only if you could upload an image of the concerned area.
Dermatology is completely a visual field, diagnosis and appropriate treatment can only be suggested by having a look at the lesion.
Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care.

Follow-up: How to get rid of pimple growth on penis? 12 hours later
Hi doc

I have been using soframycin in the infected area.i have uploaded the infected area.kindly give me the necessary treatments ASAP.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing back.
Unfortunately, the image that you have uploaded isn't very clear. However, it looks like an infected lesion on the shaft of penis.
It becomes imperative for me to ask
1) since how long are you having it
2) is it painful or painless
3) any associated inguinal swelling
4) history of unprotected sexual contact. If yes, when .
5) any history of similar lesion in past
6) any history of drug intake recently
These questions are important as the lesion could be a simple bacterial infection or it could be a sexually transmitted infection.

In the meanwhile do warm saline compresses over the area and apply mupirocin cream twice in a day

Follow-up: How to get rid of pimple growth on penis? 3 hours later
Hi Doc

Thanks for the necessary treatment.For the questions u hv asked
1)since how long are you having it-Its more than 2 -3 weeks
2) is it painful or painless-It was painless and now i am getting a little pain.
3) any associated inguinal swelling-NO
4) history of unprotected sexual contact. If yes, when .-NO
5) any history of similar lesion in past _NO
6) any history of drug intake recently -I had taken a medicine Cyplox for the same.
I have again uploaded the image.Is there something to worry about or its just common and is curable?

XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 31 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX
Thanks for uploading the images again.
There is nothing to worry about. The questions were just asked to rule out few possibilities. Now with a clear image, the lesion looks like a sebaceous cyst over the penile shaft. The pain that you are having right now might be due to it getting inflammed.
Sebaceous cyst is a common benign lesion and occurs due to blockade of oil gland. This blockade finally leads to collection of a cheesy oily material inside.
Treatment involves removal of the cyst. Sometimes with warm moist compresses the cyst drains spontaneously and heal.
I would advise you to continue with warm saline compresses twice in a day followed by application of antibiotic to settle inflammation. If it gets too painful, you might consider taking a pain killer like ibuprofen. Do not try to puncture or squeeze the cyst as it may lead to infection.
Also consult a dermatologist or surgeon nearby, so that if excision or removal of cyst is required can be done.

Hope that answers your query. Should there be more, feel free to write back again.