How to get rid of anxiety about penis size and improve sexual experience?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2015
Jun 2015
Excellent

Question
What can I do to get rid of my anxiety about penis size of my partner and how can we improve our sexual experience?
Dear Dr. Polash Sannigrahi, I am 25 y.o female and my partner is 39 y.o. male. My partner has about 3cm penis size and it gets about 8-8,5cm when fully erect. He loves me very much, I love him too, we've lived together for 2 years and want to have a family together. I was shocked when I saw his penis for the first time because I had an idea that small penis are no good. Moreover, I had probably more than 10 partners before I met my current partner. Some of them I dated only because of good sex and all of them had average or above average penis size. Above average size hurt me sometimes so I didn't like it much. But average size was very good. Overall, I am multi-orgasmic woman and have high interest in sex. My current partner has no problem with erection, is not worrying about his size and says his previous partners never complained. He loved me very much and only because of this still waits for the answer to the question which bugs us both: are we compatible in sex and can we finally not worry about sex but just enjoy it. We do have often very good moments in sex with orgasms. However, I still think about my previous partners sometimes and have often a feeling that I am sexually frustrated and am not satisfied with my current partner. I even had an affair a year ago with my dance partner who has an average size of man. But I want to have a family with my current partner and I want to find out if it is possible and how to improve our sexual life. From what I have read on this website I can conclude that the size of penis of my partner is totally normal to satisfy a woman, am I correct? Which means that our problem in my anxiety and expectations caused by my previous relationships and maybe a lack of experience of my partner. I am seeking for a help. Please, advise me what can my partner and I can to to overcome this anxiety and frustration and learn how to have a good sex together. Thank you very much.

Posted Fri, 5 Jul 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Polash Sannigrahi 13 hours later
Hello dear,

1. First of all, the size of the penis is Genetically determined & it does not increase after a certain limit.
Just as the height, weight & built of individuals are different, so is the case of variation with the size of penis.
So, please do not get influenced by any over the counter medications or advertisements which claim to increase the size of the penis.

2. The size of penis is not related to the potency of an individual.
Unless there is any problem associated with maintaining an erection or ejaculation (like erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation), there is no need to worry.

3. The anatomy of the vagina is such that only the outer 2 inches are sensitive to touch, the remaining part is made of elastic tissue which can not feel any sensation.
So, kindly remove all the myth & misconception from your mind that small penis are of no good.
Studies have shown that even individuals with a penis length of 1.5 to 2 inches can perform intercourse successfully.

4. The size of penis of your partner is totally normal to satisfy a woman. The sense of anxiety and expectations you are facing at present can be attributed to your previous relationships. And unless you avoid all these, it may affect your relationship in future. Both of you are compatible in sex and should not worry about it.

5. Certain modifications in lifestyle & dietary habits have been shown to be beneficial, such as:
a) Have a diet XXXXXXX in fruits, vegetables, fish, nuts & honey.
b) Avoid fast foods & lipid containing diet.
c) Avoid smoking & alcohol
d) Keep away stress, think positive.
e) Exercise regularly & practice meditation.

Kindly stop thinking about your past experiences & comparing them with your present.
What is most important is the fact that you both love each other. And that is the secret of success for any kind of relationship.

Hope I have been able to answer your queries.

Wishing you a Good Health.
Please let me know if I need to clarify further.
Thanks & take care.