How to calculate ovulation date with longer periods?

May 2013
After the age of 45 my period length becomes 45 days.Now I know that in a 28 days cycle the ovalution occurs 14-16 days.Is it true that in a longer cycle ovalution delays.Is it true that in a 45 days cycle ovalution occurs 31-33 day of the cycle?Is it safe 7-15 days after period in a 45 days cycle?
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 38 minutes later

Usually in menstrual cycle the period of second phase which is called luteal phase means from ovulation to menstruation is more or less constant.
This will be around 14 to 16 days.
As with progression of the age the length of menstrual cycle can alter due to the hormonal fluctuation. But in case of ovulatory cycle the luteal phase will usually remain constant.
So according to this 12th to 20th day can be taken as safe period.
But as sometimes menstrual cycle can undergo fluctuation better to use some precaution or track the ovulation with ovulation kit and plan accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: How to calculate ovulation date with longer periods? 12 hours later
I am confused with the answer,because expert says that in a 28 day cycle 14-16 days ovalution occurs & female eggs last 24 hours,so that day before 5 & after 5 of that ovalution time is risky as male sperm can alive 4 to 5 days.Now as I become 47 my cycle time increased from 28 to 45.Does it mean that the ovalution will also occur delay by same day as the period.Also if it is the case then does it mean that from period start to 20 th day is safe in a 45 day cycle?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 5 hours later

I mentioned 12th to 20th day because you asked about 7 to 15 days after periods.
If the periods complete in 5 days, 7 days after period is 12th day of menstrual cycle and 15 days after period is 20th day.
So in case of 45 days cycle ovulation can occur approximately in between 29th to 31st day (14 to 16 days before menstruation).
According to that in a menstrual cycle of 45 days:
1st to 24th day and 37th to 45th day are safe periods.
25th to 36th day is fertile period approximately.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.