How many times a month is it normal to want sex?

About how many times a month is it normal for a 60-year-old man to want sex? I am 5"10, wt ~210, a little hypertensive but controlled by atenelol, and taking statins. But my sex drive is no different since before the atenelol or statins started. thanks.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 22 minutes later

It is good that at your age you having normal sex drive. There is no limit at your age or any age about the frequency of sex, if there are no issue on your side.

You are hypertensive and your blood pressure in under control with atenolol, that is fine and acceptable.

Atenelol is said to reduce sex drive, but this is not a rule. This does not happen to every body. You are also taking statins which is given to control cholesterol level.

During sex, if you are comfortable with yourself, means not having chest pain, nor having too much of fatigue after sex, any frequency is fine for you.

Hypertension and your age is not a barrier for your healthy sex life, provided you have your disease under control.

Please visit your doctor on regular basis, check your blood pressure regularly and go for some routine investigation like lipid profile, E.K.G. as per your doctors advise on regular basis.

I hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for follow up.