How many carbohydrates can a diabetic take per day?

How many carbohydrates can a type 2 diabetic eat per day?
Posted Sat, 15 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 21 minutes later
Hello and welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to us.

The amount of carbohydrates to be taken varies from person-to-person. Which is why an individualized diet regimen is advised to each diabetic.

But the American Diabetic Association(ADA) recommends an intake of 135-180 grams of carbohydrates in a day(i.e. 45-60 grams per meal). This number could be greater or lesser depending on the individual. I would recommend you to schedule an appointment with your doctor for an individualized diet regimen.

I hope you found my response helpful and informative. Do write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you or you could rate my answer after closing this discussion.