Ask a Dentist   »  

How many anti rabies injections should be taken after a dog scratch?

Hi I've been scratched by a dog with its teeth and I have had 3 rabies injection and the last one was about a month ago. Do I still need medical help or will my injections cover me? Do I require any further post injections ?
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Suggestion Detailed Answer: hello and thank you for sending the question. I think right now you are in a situation where you can continue to monitor things on a regular basis. It would be reasonable to visit with your primary care doctor for a good focused consultation, physical examination and laboratory testing if needed. Otherwise no additional intervention would generally be recommended. Sincerely, Dr. G