How long will it take to over come DPT vaccine side effects?

Feb 2013

How long will it take my daughter to over come DPT vaccine side effects.
Posted Sun, 29 Sep 2013 in Vaccinations
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may take 72 hours

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The most common side effects of DPT vaccine are pain, redness, difficulty in walking, fever, fatigue, anorexia, vomiting, irritability are seen in 30-40% of children.

These side effects will persist for 24-72 and responds to paracetamol in prescribed dosage.

There may be a persistence of painless induration at the site of injection of DPT, which may persists for several days to weeks and requires no treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.