How long should I continue medicine for depression?

sir my name is XXXXXXX i take depression medicine last 6 year how many year i take
Posted Thu, 28 Mar 2013 in Depression
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. It happens that treating depression takes a long time. Some people find it difficult to decrease the medication because of several reasons:
Some people should change their life style. For example people who are overweight, do not have a good metabolism and also are not able to do physical exercise. That makes treatment of depression very difficult.
Some people need talk sessions for a period of time to talk with a therapist about their problems in their life. After a while they will be able to decrease the medication.
Some people may have sleep problem which makes treatment of depression very hard. So let me know which thing may be affecting your depression?
I wish you a good health.