How long should Folic Acid and Calcium supplements continued for iron deficiency?
User rating for this question
I am currently taking tablet for Folic Acid and Calcium. I have iron defiency. My age is 32 year. I am mother of 2 and half year old boy. Please let me know till when should I continue taking the tablets and is there is any food supplements I can take to cover the defiency.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: repeat the tests Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I would suggest you to repeat testing of your blood. A complete blood routine examination including serum iron and calcium levels would be ideal to know the current status of your health. Based on the test report, you can decide on continuing or stopping the drugs. Foods rich in iron are spinach, liver, meat, poultry, dry fruits, jaggery, dates, etc. For calcium, it is milk and milk products. Folic acid is abundant in Spinach. Hope this helps you. Regards,
People also viewed
- Lisinopril and calcium supplement
- Stringy white mucus in stool
- Akt protein kinase b
- Free lotrel 10 40
- Newborn baby calcium supplement?
- Should i take calcium supplements before thyroidectomy
- Will calcium supplements cause artery
- End stage multipe myeloma
- Ammonium lac 12% cream
- Mucus in stool yogasana
- Small multible nodules under skin
- Giving a clexane injection
- Risk to multi para
- Iron dextran injection administration
- Should i take calcium supplements