How long should Folic Acid and Calcium supplements continued for iron deficiency?
User rating for this question
I am currently taking tablet for Folic Acid and Calcium. I have iron defiency. My age is 32 year. I am mother of 2 and half year old boy. Please let me know till when should I continue taking the tablets and is there is any food supplements I can take to cover the defiency.
Posted Thu, 23 Jan 2014 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 5 hours later
Brief Answer: repeat the tests Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I would suggest you to repeat testing of your blood. A complete blood routine examination including serum iron and calcium levels would be ideal to know the current status of your health. Based on the test report, you can decide on continuing or stopping the drugs. Foods rich in iron are spinach, liver, meat, poultry, dry fruits, jaggery, dates, etc. For calcium, it is milk and milk products. Folic acid is abundant in Spinach. Hope this helps you. Regards,
People also viewed
- Itchy anus abdominal pain
- Phlebitis and low iron levels
- Marijuana and low iron
- Lisinopril and calcium supplement
- Abdominal exercising after salpingectomy
- Low iron and scalp sores
- Low iron and skin
- Newborn baby calcium supplement?
- Abdominal pain chest pain and swollen ankles
- Should i take calcium supplements before thyroidectomy
- Will calcium supplements cause artery
- Low iron and nose peeling
- Abdominal cramps when arouse
- Should i take calcium supplements
- Appendix removed now severe abdominal pain