How is maxillary sinusitis be treated ?

The right side of my face, only around my cheek, feels heavy....not numb or tingly per say, just heavy.. i have anxiety so i took a xanax and nothin happened...i fel fine other wise... had a small headache but took excedri and that went away. It has been off and on since last night....what can cause this?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sunil.N 4 hours later

Your history of feeling of heaviness of cheek associated with headache with off and on nature suggest the probable cause as Sinusitis(Maxillary sinusitis),mild type.

The neurological cause is less likely since it is not associated with tingling sensation or numbness.Sudden patchy loss of sensation(feeling heaviness) without history of trauma is rare.

A detailed ENT (ear,nose,throat) examination is needed to arrive at diagnosis.Please consult a ENT specialist(otolaryngologist).

Hope I have answered your query.I will be available to answer your follow up query.