How is back pain and spinal injury treated ?

Hi, I dad a car accident three months ago. My back got hurt then. I have been being a chiropractor, physical and massage therapist and even an acupunturist. My problem now, I am having awful abdominal pain as well as back pain. The pains very Sharp to the point where it makes me vomit. The pain is very similar to contractions during child birth, the pain makes it difficult for me to breath. I had these same kind of pain two weeks after my accident, and this was the reason I decided to see a chiropractor, etc. The pain lasted a month every other day or so. After over a month without this kind of pain, its back. It's more constant now, to the point where it makes it difficult to breath. And yes, since the accident I have had back pain, getting better and better after seeing my providers. What can be wrong with me besides my back being injured? Could my organs have gotten injured, maybe a broken bone?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later

If your back pain is so severe so as to make you vomit then it means that actually there is some kind of injury in your spine that needs to be taken care of.
To know about the damage done, An X-ray of the spine will be helpful. Sometimes it is only a MRI will be best choice as by this any abdominal injury can also be seen.
After investigations only it can be decide who will be the best person to treat you.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.