Ask a Urologist   »  

How doe penis enlargement surgery work?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I was curious on penis enlargement surgery and how much bigger i could get and how it works.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Associated with risks Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The most common technique to lengthen the penis is to cut its suspensory ligament and then perform plastic surgery to provide additional skin to cover its new length. Dividing the suspensory ligament alone results in an average increase of 0.5cm (around 0.25in) in length, while skin advancement increases the length gain to 1.6cm (around 0.75in). After surgery, some men find that they have gained a small increase in flaccid length, but the erect penis is about the same size and now points towards the floor. Using surgery to treat a psychological problem is fraught with risks. If surgery is the only way and you have a micro penis, you should seek advice from an experienced surgeon working in a reputable clinic. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Follow-up: How doe penis enlargement surgery work? 4 minutes later
Well i dont have a micro penis, i would just like to gain size. And there any other ways to get bigger? I have attached a picture of mine erect and soft.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer: You have a normal penis. Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for writing again. I have seen the images attached. You have a normal size penis that does not need any correction. There have been techniques which are used to increase the size of the penis like jelqing, penis stretching exercises as stretching makes cells composing your penis grow increasing the length of your penis and kegel exercises which target the pubococcygeus muscle and thus helps in maintaining the erection for a longer time. You should go ahead with these exercises only after a consultation with your urologist as they have their own side effects. The only useful methods are penis enlargement surgery and inflatable implants. But they are also not without side effects. Hope my answer is helpful. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health. Regards