How can the pimples on the vagina and red welts on the chest be treated?

70 years old male pussy looking pimples on chest red welts appearing under left arm.Whats up Doc? Doug.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for your query,

My best guess is that you are dealing with something we refer to as folliculitis which is an inflammation/infection involving the hair follicles in the areas you referred to.

I would suggest the following: Good warm soaks in bath or shower twice daily, You could use some antibiotic cream or ointment on the affected areas as well. These are usually available over the counter.

If for some reason this is not effective and the rash worsens to any significant degree, I would ask you to see your physician who might consider prescribing you an oral anti-microbial agent.

I thank you again for your query and hope my reply was adequate and helpful. I am available for your followups.

Dr. Robert Galamaga