How can lower back pain be treated?

Hi Myself Nishant XXXXXXX I am a 30 Yrs old male. I am having a lover back pain problem since lat one year. This pain is near to my tailbone. I have consulted 2-3 doctors as of now but didn't get benefited. This pain is not radiating but local only, and I have noticed it increases after Intercourse. Please help me.
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. R.V.Sirisha Rani 24 minutes later

Lumbar strain is considered as one of the most common causes of low back pain.

A lumbar strain is a stretch injury to the ligaments, tendons, and/or muscles of the lower back.

The injury can occur because of overuse or improper use of the muscles.

Diagnosis of lumbar strain is based on the history of injury, the location of the pain, and exclusion of nervous system injury.

Usually, X-ray testing is helpful to exclude bone abnormalities.

Physiotherapy to strengthen the muscles in the lower abdomen and back will be helpful in your case.

Management of tail bone sprain is normally supportive. Usually there are no surgeries done for tail bone injury or sprain.

You can continue taking simple analgesics for relief of pain.

Hope I answered your query. I will be available for followup querries if any.

Wish you good health.