Slipped and landed on tail bone. Penis is less sensitive. Hurts around tail bone. Is it connected?

Nov 2013

About 3 weeks ago i slipped and landed on my tailbone the pain was really bad for about week then turned into a throbbing pain. Ive noticed in the past week and half that my penis is less sensitive and when I ejaculate it doesnt really shoot kinda oozes out and orgaism is nothing to brag about its hard to explain. I have been able to always kinda make my penis move but when I try now it hurts around my tailbone from where I hit the ground. When I clinch my butt I feel a pain almost is if it is more to the right side of the tailbone How is all this connected and should go to the Dr or wait until my tailbone heels and hope the problem goes away? I can
Also my penis does not get fully hard like it use too.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
My reply is below

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for posting your query.

Your current symptoms are most likely not related to the fall.

Tail bone injury is not associated with any symptoms in penis such as reduced erection or sensation.

However, if there is injury to the lumbar and sacral nerves which are located slightly above, then these symptoms could occur. Along with penis symptoms, one would expect additional symptoms such as shooting pain in the thighs or legs, numbness or weakness in the legs, etc. In the absence of these additional symptoms, your tail bone injury and penis symptoms may not be connected.
So, I would suggest you to wait and watch, and if symptoms do not improve or progress, then, you can see a doctor.

I hope it helps. Please get back if you require any additional information.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India
Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: