Tail bone injury, flu, difficulty standing, sitting, sneezing, coughing

I fell onto the stationary seatbelt latch in a large truck over a week ago. Then while on a cruise, sat down too hard on the ledge in the pool and aggravated the injury. Showing normal pain symptoms including difficulty standing, sitting, sneezing, coughing, etc. But I've also established severe flu-like symptoms in the past two days. Is there any correlation between the two?
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Development of flu like symptoms are not related to the tail bone injury. Flu like symptoms are mainly due to a viral infection. Taking acetaminophen, high dose of Vitamin C and steam inhalation will help in relieving the symptoms for the time being.

For the tail bone injury, soaking in a bathtub of warm water will help in reducing the pain. Avoid sitting on hard surfaces. Taking a mild pain killer will help.
If the symptoms do not subside in 3-4 days then i encourage you to see your physician for proper investigations and treatment.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.