How can body swelling due to reaction to antibiotics be treated?

how to treat antibiotic reaction, swelling of body?
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stop the drug, take benadryl and report to doctors Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for this query. I am so sorry to hear about this drug reaction. Please, stop the drug immediately and never take it again. Also, report to your doctors so that it can be noted in your record that you are allergic to this medication so that you never get to be prescribed this drug or another which can cause similar allergic reaction. For now, take benadryl to lessen to control the swelling. If there are any concerning symptoms like difficulties to breath, blisters on the body, etc, get consulted as soon as possible. What antibiotic was that and is it the first time that you took it? I hope this addresses your query fully. Thank you so much for patronizing our services and please do feel free to ask for follow up clarifications and information if need be. I wish him the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.