How can I get rid of pimples in the pubic area?

Hi Dr. My name is XXXXXXX (age:31). I noticed a pimple kind of thing on my pubic area. On consulting with Dermatologist he had given me Retarel ointment and asked me to wash the area using soapex soap. He has also given me antibiotic tablet. After having this treatment for 2 days I noticed all the pimples which was white has turned into red colour. Please suggest me what to do to get rid of this?
Posted Mon, 23 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Radhika 52 minutes later
Thanks for the query,

Pimples in the pubic area are not an unusual thing to happen even with the good hygiene . There is no need to panic if the colour has changed to red.

Since you say that you noticed them after you shaved your pubic hair it could be that shaving with a razor triggered the appearance of the pimples. It is probably because of the infection of the sebaceous glands in that area that are especially active and when something prevents them from secreting , like skin residues caused by shaving, then the pimples appear.

You should try to clean the area with clean water and dettol liquid and later use medicated soap.You should continue with the antibiotic for few more days and continue the ointment.It will take a few days to resolve.Meanwhile use cotton underwear and keep the area clean and dry.
Do it a few times and if the pimples don’t start disappearing within 3 – 4 days you should go to a Dermatologist for further tests like complete blood analysis,

Skin scrapings may be examined microscopically with a saline or potassium hydroxide preparation to rule out scabies and fungi. A Wood's lamp examination is also very useful in diagnosing various fungi.

Hope my answer is adequate ,I am available for follow up should you have anymore concerns.
Follow-up: How can I get rid of pimples in the pubic area? 25 hours later

I mean to say that I noticed this pimple when I shaved my pubic hair until then, it was not seen as the pubic hair was hiding them. However, today I noticed some changes happened (reduced but still visible). I'am curious to know that will these pimples disappear completely within 3 - 4 days or you mean to say it will reduce slowly if yes, then please tell me an approx days when will these pimple disappear completely and can be seen normal like how it was before. Kindly advise.
Answered by Dr. Radhika 1 hour later

Thanks again for the query,

Even if it was present before the trimming was done, there is no need to worry. It will disappear in a few days. Since you already say it is reducing, you can continue with the same ointment. Other topical antibiotics such as soframycin ointment is an alternate choice which is also efficient in such cases.

Pimples appear due to multiple reasons commonest being infection of sebaceous glands. There is absolutely no need to worry.

Hope my advice is adequate, I am available for followup should you have anymore concern.

Wish you good health