How are cysts in the ovaries treated ?

polycystic appearing left ovary
small right ovarian cyst-functional
a 22*14 mm functional cyst noted in the right ovary.left ovary shows multiple peripherally placed follicles with central echogenic freefluidin cul-de-sac... this is wat is given in the report what does this mean
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Women Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 22 minutes later

Normally ovaries are solid structures containing plenty of follicles which mature to release ovum. Sometimes in some people due to multiple reasons, the solid ovaries are studded with cysts. Such a condition is referred to as 'polycystic ovaries'. According to the reports, you have multiple cysts of various size and shape located in one the left ovary.

A single ovary polycystic in appearance does not produce much problems.

The chances of normal ovulation is less from a polycystic ovary. But after adequate treatment a successful ovulation and normal pregnancies have been seen even in bilateral polycystic ovaries.

The right ovary is having a functional cyst. Functional cysts appear and grow in size with the hormonal changes that occur during the normal cycle and these cysts regress on their own after normal periods. These do not pose any problem in ovulation or conception. To regress such cysts, cyclic oral contraceptive pills are also prescribed sometimes.

Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry. You should not have any problem in conception or child bearing.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.