History of non-epileptic seizures. Getting migraine, pressure in head and nose bleed. What's wrong?

Nov 2013

I have been having migraines every night for the past two weeks. I thought they were flaring up due to my period, but continued after my period. Over the weekend, I had two bad nose bleeds that each time it bled, the pressure in my head was relieving. But I have been dragging my left leg and have a slight limp now. What is happening to me? I have a history of non-epileptic seizures.
Posted Thu, 7 Feb 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 20 minutes later

Thank you for posting your query.

Worsening of headache and prolonged duration of headache could be related to migraine. However, two new symptoms are not related to migraine.

Nose bleed needs evaluation by an ENT doctor.

Dragging of left leg and limp suggests mild weakness of the leg. This also needs evaluation as it is not a part of migraine.

You need evaluation by a Neurologist, and a brain scan may be required.

I hope it helps. I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow-up queries.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist