Hip surgery, stress fracture, pain in groin, knee pains. Avascular necrosis?

i am 22 years old...I had hip surgery 1 1/2 years ago for a stress fracture in my hip from over running and had pins put in, then after continuous pain had the pins removed 1 month ago but i still have the same pain in my groin area and it often makes my knee hurt...i cant sit indian style or cross my legs for more than 10 minutes without it this avascular necrosis or me just being paranoid?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Kiran Kumar 14 hours later

Your symptoms are likely to be due to 'avascular necrosis' of the head of the femur. Here there is typically groin pain with radiation to knee. Also here is difficulty in crossing legs and squatting. Since you had had stress fracture of hip in past, this could be a result of that injury.

You must get yourself evaluated.
You are very young and should not leave any stone unturned.

Best option for you would be to undergo MRI of the Hip Joint. It will conclusively show what the abnormality is and will help you decide better.

Hope this answers your query. Do get back if you need any further information.

Dr Kiran