Hip injury in bike accident. Hip hurts when I get hot. Can walk normally

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I hurt my hip on a bike accident. It's been two weeks and my hip only hurts when I get hot. I can walk fine.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
It seems that you have suffered a minor soft tissue injury in the area during the accident. For symptomatic relief, you can take a mild pain killer like acetaminophen along with a muscle relaxant like chlorzoxazone. Doing a hot fomentation in the area will also be of help. You can apply a local analgesic gel too.
Most likely your symptoms will subside in 3-4 weeks. In case the pain increases or is persistent then investigations like MRI are advisable to find out the type and extent of injury.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Hip injury in bike accident. Hip hurts when I get hot. Can walk normally 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply but where can I buy OTC chlorzoxazone?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Chlorzoxazone is a prescription only medicine and you need to get it prescribed from your physician in case your pain is not adequately relieved with acetaminophen.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.