High blood sugar. Is it beneficial to take Nutrilite Glucose Health?

Question
I am have blood suger leve 350. Is it beneficial to take Nutrilite Glucose Health?
Posted Mon, 2 Jul 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 28 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
You may take this product as an adjuvant to the treatment for diabetes.
This product in itself will not control your diabetes for which you have to follow your doctor advice and treatment.
NUTRILITE GLUCOSE HEALTH has  chromium in it which is said to reduce the insulin resistance.
However you must consult your treating doctor and inform him about your intention of taking this product.You must abide by the instruction of your treating doctor.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.
Thanks

Follow-up: High blood sugar. Is it beneficial to take Nutrilite Glucose Health? 1 hour later

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 45 minutes later
Hello
AMWAY states that chromium picolinate,one of he constituents of AMWAY GLUCOSE HEALTH,may reduce the risk of insulin resistance and therefore possibly may reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
US FDA however concludes that such existence of such a relationship between chromium picolinate and either insulin resistance or type 2 diabetes is highly uncertain and as a doctor I agree to it.
There may not be any benefit to a diabetes patient,according to me.
Thanks