High blood pressure and heart rate, low body temperature, done blood work

Hi, 12year old boy, blood pressure 160-90,heart rate 130, feels not good, bloodwork is good
body temperature 34c
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later

At the age of 12, having a heart rate of 130 with a raised blood pressure of 160/90 and low body temperature is definitely abnormal and needs medical attention.

A few possibilities which need to be ruled out include:
1) Anxiety and stress
2) Anemia
3) Hyperthyroidism
4) Paroxysmal supraventricular tachycardia
5) Heart disorders

Causes of hypertension also need to be investigated at such a young age.

I suggest you to get him examined from a physician and get his Haemoglobin levels, thyroid function tests, renal function tests and an EKG and stress ECHO ruled out. An ECHO is needed to check out the recent functioning of the heart.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.