High EO, low RBC, high MVC. Results after passing out with vision trouble and tingling hands

My son has a: high EO 10.4, low RBC 4.49 , high MCV 100.4, high MCH 33.5, slightly high K 5.5, and slightly high FOL 17.9.
He is 16 and never any health problems until he passed out last week all of a sudden for no reason. Had vision trouble and hand tingling.
He competes in swimming and exercises 5x a week.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Is the EO reading you mentioned, the Haemoglobin level and FOL the folate levels . If not please expand the abbreviations for me , which could help me in having better understanding and assessment of the above reports.

Anticipating your response.

Follow-up: High EO, low RBC, high MVC. Results after passing out with vision trouble and tingling hands 15 minutes later
The eo is esonphil and yes, folate
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 27 minutes later
Hi ,

Thanks for writing back.

The above reports can rise a suspection of a allergic condition involved as the Eosinophil count is raised.The other parameters do not have much significance and correlation with each other amongst you mentioned.

The readings could be a part of complex syndrome unless ruled out with other lab details and physical examination.

I also convey heartfelt condolence as you miss your loved ones.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.