High BP, hair fall, on amlopres, not available in market, now taking amlogard. Side effects of medication ?

My name is XXXXXXX and i am 27 years old.I have High BP and i was prescribed a drug called Amlopres made up cipla (Amlodipine) 10 mg.Till recently the drug is not available at the store and the pharmacist prescribed me a different drug called AMLOGARD made by pfizer....Could you please suggest me a different drug or confirm if the drug i am having is fine...also on having the above prescription doesnt cause hair loss.....Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 28 minutes later

I shall address your concern based on your current given information.

I understand you need help with your Amlodipine prescription.

1. Yes, now only a combination of Amlodipine with Atenolol is available with Cipla.
2. Amlogard also contains Amlodipine. Check if it is the same 10 mg dosage.
3. Amlodipine causes hair loss in 0.56% of users till date.

I hope I have answered your concern on a broad sense now.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: High BP, hair fall, on amlopres, not available in market, now taking amlogard. Side effects of medication ? 15 hours later
thanks for the if i have amlogard am i lacking anything from what cipla has to cure doc....As i see you mentioned cipla is a combination of amlodipine and atenolol does amlogard also have atenolol.....if not,Please suggest me an alternative...thank you
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 52 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.

No. As i said Cipla is currently marketing that combination only.

But, as you have been prescribed only Amlodipine and not Atenolol, Amlogard is OK.