High BP, diabetic, drinker and smoker, fatty liver. Urine and blood tests done. High triglycerides. How can high BP be treated?

male,29 years.High BP 180/110.under pill its 160/100.diabetic since 6mnths,heavy drinker.smokes 1 cigaratte a day.sweats heavily even while sleeping.moderate fatty liver.protein ++ in urine.heimoglobin 18.9 reduced to 17.1 in a period of 4months.boderline cholestrol with high thyroid.O2 level is 89.9 in AVG test.Erythropoetin 1.6mIU/ml.cortisol normal.
what is the problem?how can i rule out the causes for high hb
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 7 hours later
Hi there. Thank you for posting your question with XXXXXXX I will do my best to help you.

Your BP is high. This may be what we used to call "Essential Hypertension" meaning that no cause could be identified.

Its a term that is used very much less nowadays. A Few things occur to me.

Stress. In my 30 years of experience as a General Practitioner I often identified stress as the single most potent pusher up of BP. If you have stress in your life, deal with it, get rid of it.

Alcohol. Reduce it a bit!

Familial. Think of Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

I hope that I have answered your questions fully and been of some help. If you have anymore questions please contact me again anytime.

Dr Andrew Rynne.

Follow-up: High BP, diabetic, drinker and smoker, fatty liver. Urine and blood tests done. High triglycerides. How can high BP be treated? 17 hours later
what all are the possible causes of high heomoglobin? can it be bone marrow problem or anything related to heart?tmt or echo is better to identify any possible heart problem?what about the protein content?
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 4 hours later
Thank you for your follow up question.

The possible causes for a raised haemoglobin are many and complex, varying from polycythaemia, to heart disease, to living at high altitudes.

Sorry, but this is not an area in which I can claim any expertise. This really needs to be investigated by a haematologist. Bone marrow pathology however would not be at all high on my list as possible causes.

Andrew Rynne.