Heavy and painful bleeding. Taking Meprate and Obimet. Have PCOS. Normal?

i am having heavy and painful bleeding for past 10 days. The bleeding did not completely stop with Trenaxa 500 mg (3 times a day for 3 days) . So my doctor has given me Meprate 10 mg for 3 weeks (2 times a day for 2 weeks; 1 time a day for 3rd week).

Along with that i have been given Obimet 500 mg for 3 months. I have PCOS. I have started meprate 10 mg and obimet 500 mg since 3.5 days now. My bleeding stopped yesterday, but reoccured today.

Is this normal with this medication? How much time does Meprate take to show results?

I would like to know if the prescribed medicine is fine and what are the side effects of these medicines?
Posted Sun, 23 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 1 hour later
You are having poly cystic ovarian syndrome & in it sometimes there occur anovulation along with growth of endometrium.So after a period of amenorrhea there may occur heavy bleeding due to shedding of overgrowing endometrium.
Meprate is good medication in right dosage prescribed by most of the gynaecologist.Meprate shows complete result in 21 days, in between some spotting may occur,but if there occurs excessive bleeding you can take Trenaxa also with Meprate.
As you are having PCOS obimet is given for proper ovulation & to control PCOS.
You may have some side effects due to these medicines like nausea, vomiting,intolerance,fatigue, headache,breast tenderness,depression, water retention.
I hope your query has been answered.