Heard loud noise in head when trying to sleep. Prognosis?

i get aloud bang noise in my head when trying to go to sleep what could this be
Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 4 hours later
Hi there, thanks for asking. This could be related to high blood pressure. High blood pressure or some other factors can cause tinnitus which is more felt when somebody tries to go to sleep.
This also could be related to Narcolepsy in which people hear something when they try to go to sleep, but they are very sleepy during the day and they have very interrupted sleep during the night. It is also not common disease and it usually begins in the middle age. The only condition that it starts after 60 is that the person has another problem like rheumatoid arthritis or apnea (breathing related sleep problem) which lead to this condition.
Let me know if you have any question.
I wish you a good health.