Headache, vomiting, neck pain, dizziness, partial facial paralysis. Should CT scan for blood clot be done?

symptoms....four days excruciating headache, vomiting, neck pain, dizziness and partial facial paralysis...i guess it could only be a stroke?
Patient lives in the (amateur) recommendation is to arrange for CT scan and lung and heart x-rays. Possible angiogram if CT positive for bleeding or blood clot? Patient is not confused and can type and talk 90% as normal.
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

The symptoms you mentioned do make me suspicious about an intra cranial lesion not essentially a stroke. It could be due to a slowly developing hematoma, a tumor or meningeal irritation secondary to infection or a growth.

I agree with you about the need for her to get an MRI scan (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of the brain at the earliest. The other investigations can be decided on the scan report.

Meanwhile she has to be under strict observation; there would be no need for any medical intervention till the scan has been done owing to the fact that she has normal sensorium.

Hope, I was of some help.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.