Headache, tightness all over, shaky, started irregular and prolonged period. Easy way to get cure?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Hi :)

I have always had regular cycles but past couple of months they have started late and gone on for 20 odd days at a stretch, I have started shaking, past few days I had had a flu which is not therer any more but now both my eas are blocked and my left ear is hurting. i dont have any fever but this morning i woke u with a headache more like tightness all over and now i feel like my vision is blurry. I am 39yrs old. I feel like randon stuff happening all over for the past few months.

Can u help please?
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 41 minutes later
Your recent irregular periods are definitely a matter of concern since such prolonged periods could be due to an underlying uterine or hormonal problem.
If you have no other genitourinary problems like vaginal discharge , lower abdominal pain or any palpable mass in abdomen then it's likely to be just a temporary hormonal imbalance either due to stress , Illness or any recent medications.
Regarding your flu like symptoms , it does seem that the symptoms are progressively worsening and the middle ear seems to be affected causing , headache , pain in ear and visual disturbances .
If you haven't been evaluated by your doctor yet ,then it's very much advisable to get yourself reevaluated ( examination and tests ) to confirm the diagnosis .
Sometimes hormonal imbalance ( thyroid etc) can make a person have multiple of problems like irregular periods, headache , decreased immunity etc
So though your problems seem minor ,on -off , you should avoid neglecting it and seek prompt medical consultation .
Hope that answers your query .
I'll be available for any follow up queries .