Headache, non-painful lump on the temple. History of tingling in arms. Reason?

I am a 41 year old woman. I am 5'3" 165 lbs. I have always been prone to headaches and migraines. For about the last 2 mths when I have gotten a headache i have a non painful lump (the size of a pimple) on my temple that goes along with it. I have had a history of tingling/numbness in my arms for about the last 6 months. What could this be?
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Shiva Kumar R 5 hours later

Regrading the non painful lump over the temple which are seen during the headache ,they are known in some people suffering from migraine along with fibromyalgia. But the problem with these are some times pressure on these may trigger headache.

Amitryptylline and probably botox injection works very well. You may in addition require medications for control of headache if they are disabling.

Regarding the tingling and numbness it can be due to fibromyalgia or a problem in the neck (spondylosis) or in the hand (stress. So you can partly prevent aggravation of fibromyalgia by reducing your stress levels.

The bottom line is that I think you need to see a Neurologist for a detailed evaluation and to start on the medications.

Thanks again for the query. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Take care, bye