Headache, itchy rashes on face, shoulder and inside mouth after protected sex. Symptoms of STD?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
Question
i had sex protected with condom but kissed the girl gor long time,before i am sure that i have no open sores inside my mouth,after 1week i obsereved some rash in legs and dissapeared wihin days,i had few non itchy sores bottom side of pennis ,3 weeks passed and i got some infection inside my mouth(it seems to be big sore),had headache sometimes,my eyes seems to be itchy sometimes,got some rashes on my face(seems to be like pimples) and in my shoulders,ive consulted doctor showing my rashes and sores inside my mouth(i dint tell about my sex).he has given a injection for sores(he asked whether the sores are itcty,i said no) and given ointment for sores inside mouth. cosidering these symptoms would you please tell me what kind of infections may i have and what tests i need to be taken.If i had stds which doctor i need to counslt(skin,ent,general doctor).if i take blood test how can i know without showing results to doctor.
Posted Sun, 14 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Hello and welcome to Health Care Magic.

Before answering your query, I would like to give you a brief overview of sexually transmitted disease symptoms
STDs present with one of the following features:
1. Sores/ ulcers on the genitals, which may be painful or painless
2. Vesicles or fluid filled bumps
3. Urethral discharge
4. Lymph node enlargement/ swelling around the genitals
5. Associated fever

If you have any of these symptoms consult your dermatologist/ venereologist. Suitable investigations will be carried out according to the symptoms.

You have non-itchy sores and rashes inside the mouth, face, and shoulders.
These sores and rashes can be due to fungal or viral infection.
You have received treatment for the sores and rashes and if they have cleared away then they have responded to the treatment.

You can consult dermatologist/ venereologist for the non-itchy lesions on the penis.
A correct diagnosis can be made only on clinical examination and investigations.

The tests, which you will have to take up, will be directed by clinical examination only.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Headache, itchy rashes on face, shoulder and inside mouth after protected sex. Symptoms of STD? 2 hours later
can general doctors(mbbs) can able to treat stds,because in my town there are no std doctors

Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 12 minutes later
Hello and welcome again,

Yes, sure a MBBS doctor can also take care of your problem if you do not have access to a venereologist.

Thanks and take care.

Dr Shailja P Wahal

Follow-up: Headache, itchy rashes on face, shoulder and inside mouth after protected sex. Symptoms of STD? 18 hours later
can clinics or diagnostic centers can test all types of stds by taking blood at one time,if an hiv infected person had syphilis and by having safe sex though the syphilis sores contacted my body ,do i have getting hiv also including syphilis.i studies that syphilis can be infect our body by just contacting the sores,but hiv needs blood,so i think i had chances of getting only syphilis but not hiv though the person had hiv,i would glad to here your answer regarding this,and please tell me the very common symptoms of syphilis

Hello and welcome again

The major STDs which are tested are syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, donovanosis, herpes simplex and of course HIV.
All these STDs have characteristic clinical features like sore, discharge, lymph node enlargement and vesicles.
If any of these symptoms are present, a suitable test is ordered like testing the discharge (uretheral or from the sores), aspiration of the lymph node and blood test.
Syphilis in particular can be diagnosed be blood test.
Chlamydial infection is another infection which can be diagnosed be blood test only (immunological tests).
Gonorrhea and donovanosis can be diagnosed by culturing the discharge.
HIV can be confirmed by a blood test only.

Regarding syphilis infection, it begins with a painless ulcer/ sore anywhere in genital area- penis, testis or even around the anal region.
This is the first stage or primary syphilis. In later stages the ulcer/ sore heals and there are manifestations in other parts of body- mucus membranes.
So, if you are having any kind of ulcer/ sore on genitals do not ignore and consult your doctor.
Syphilis is fully curable. Very good antibiotics are available for it.

HIV infection can be contracted by infected blood, sexual route (even if you do not have a sore), peri-natal route (from infected mother to child) and by needle stick injuries.

I hope I have answered all your concerns. If you have more, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal