Headache in particular vein, giddiness, loss of balance, nervousness. Taken Migarid. Please advise

Hi Doctor, I have been suffering from sever headache on left side of brain in a particular vein, for the last 4-5 months. Sometimes this particular vein gets stretched and causes giddiness. I loose my balance and feel nervous also. I have visited physicians many times and got some temporary relief only for few days by taking migraine treatment tablets (Migarid-10mg). But the symptoms re-appear within a very short time, few days without any warning. My BP remains in the range of 120-80,, 110-70 most of the time even during the crisis time (severe headache) Blood sugar is 110 fasting and ENT and Fundus tastes are normal. Pl advise.
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 47 minutes later
The symptoms you are mentioning with normal blood pressure levels and normal ENT seems most likely to be psychiatry origin. Two common things left behind are anxiety neurosis also have additiitional symptoms like palpitations, acidity, irritibility and cold sweats from palms. And second is depression which have additional symptoms of generalised body pains,dizziness, loss of sleep, suicidal thoughts, loss of appetite I would like to know if you are having any such symptoms. Additionaly I would like to know if you ever had. CT scan brain and ever had you became unconsious
Follow-up: Headache in particular vein, giddiness, loss of balance, nervousness. Taken Migarid. Please advise 1 hour later
I had anxiety neurosis/depression around 8-10 yrs ago and was treated for it for over two years. I was taking Fludac 20mg for around 2 yrs till 2004. But now i do not have any of these conditions and symptoms as mentioned above (no palpitation, no sweating, leave alone suicidal thoughts - i have very good +ve attitude. I am satisfied with my personal and professional life. I have good sleep and lots of patience. I had never become unconscious.
But, recently my energy levels are very much down and I do not feel as excited as 2 yrs before. As you rightly said that the origin may be psychological, and in fact I had visited 2-3 times a doctor who happens to be a Sr. Psychiatrist, he found nothing abnormal and asked me to do away with medicine or maximum take trika SOS if required as it is a habit forming drug. Also he recommended Yogasana on daily basis. ( which unfortunately I m not able to follow recently)
I tried to get rid of trika SR .5mg but withdrawal symptoms starts troubling in. Now a days low energy levels and unpredictable headache with dizziness have made me to visit Neurologist, he had suggested plain CT Scan ( which is yet not done and he thinks it is not required as the symptoms are of Migraine) and prescribed Tryptomer 5mg 1-0-1 along with some PCM+MR+pain reliever (Mobizox) SOS. I need to understand what is going on and if depression symptoms are reflecting in my reply then what is your advice? Do I need to take some heavy medication ( as I want to avoid this) Plz advise. What is the permanent cure and how long will it take.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 36 hours later
thanks for the detailed reply
sorry for the delayed reply as i already have replied to this query but i think due to some technical problem it was not delivered.
The details you have provided show your psychological status have been affected at some stage from the mentioned disease however you have received treatment but either you have not completed the course for the depression treatment which compromises of 06 months duration or either you have been missing doses
Anyhow the symptoms you are experiencing now may be either due to remission of the disease or may be of withdrawal effects of the drug. the point of concern is that you are not willing to take the medicine again but you want to get rid of the symptoms.
my recommendations in that case are use Tramadol 50mg in SOS. keep yourself busy in activities. Do at least 30 mins vigorous exercise as with exercise there is release of natural antidepressant and anti anxiety agents and improves blood supply to brain and replenishes neurotransmitter stores responsible for depression. try to do healthy conversations with friends and family as it is the best remedy in the treatment of anxiety. these are mild symptoms which will hopefully end.
Dr. Ishfaq Habib
Thanks for the reply, Doctor.

You rightly said that I don't want to take heavy medication, but willing to take mild medicines or moderate medicines for a defined duration may be for months or few years.

Still i want reply to followings:
1. What medicine shall I continue (Tryptomer, trika, tramadol, fludac, migarid, or any other medicine)
2. How to raise my energy levels and mood upliftment, concentration and memory enhancement.
3. How to cure dizziness, which is more of a concern to me recently.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 6 hours later
All these symptoms are of mild depressions. As I told you take tramadol whenever you experience headache and if you are willing to take some light medication then I would recommend you to have 1month course of escitalopram 10mg once daily along with breakfast which will enhance your mood and will finish the lethargic pain but your energy will only be restored with exverise as I stated previously. Just have one week regular exercise or any physical activity and you will see yourself how much active and energetic you become.
Dr. M Ishfaq Habib