Having uneven skin tone on face and oily skin. How to get rid of this?

I am XXXXXX I have a very uneven skin tone on face.Apart from the rest of my face the area near my mouth looks much darker.How can I get rid of this?Also I have tanned a lot.I look much darker than I originally do.How do I get rid of this too?
Hi also have oily skin..When I go out in sun,I sweat a lot and all the sunscreen which I applied will be of no help...How do I get rid of this and get a fair complexion and get rid of my uneven skin tone
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Beauty & Cosmetics
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 44 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
To get rid of the uneven skin tone, I think the first step here would be using the right sunscreen. You can use the Cetaphil sunscreen for oily skin. Use a high SPF ( like 40-50) and a PA+++ product.
This needs to be applied 20 minutes before you step out and every 2 hours thereafter. If it gets washed off, reapply.
You would also need to use an umbrella and avoid stepping out in the sun between 12 to 2 pm.
In addition at night, you can apply adapalene 0.1% gel on your whole face. A pea sized amount is to be applied. Use it only at night as this drug can interact with the sun and cause a reaction. In a few weeks, you will notice some dryness but this is expected and will pass off.
I think you should try this for 2-3 months. If you do not get better, we should be looking at options like a glycolic peel.
Hope this helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Follow-up: Having uneven skin tone on face and oily skin. How to get rid of this? 15 days later
I have gained 3kgs of weight in 1 month.I am working and I work for 8 hours a day.I take banana milk shake and eat a few strawberries in the morning.I also take few Almonds in between breakfast and lunch.For lunch I usually have sandwich(chicken and cheese).Later after my office I take parathas around 5:30pm.I work out at around 9pm for 1 hour in the gym and later have some fruits or juice before I go to bed.Do I have to change my diet
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Yes, actually speaking your diet needs a major change. Consider the following diet plan:
a. Have a fruit ( apple/orange/musambi/papaya/watermelon) when you get up
b. Have breakfast within 1 hour of getting up ( poha/upma/2 idlis/1 -2 stuffed rotis/2 boiled eggs( only white)+2 slices whole wheat bread)
c. At 11 am: have something like sprouts/1 cup coffee+2 XXXXXXX biscuits
d. 1 pm- 2 pm: Lunch: 2 rotis+dal+vegetable+curd+salad.
e. 5 pm: Have 1 stuffed roti
f. 8 pm: Dinner ( similar to lunch)

Prepone your exercise time. You'll be able to sleep better. Try and have your dinner post exercise. So we're looking at the 5-8 pm slot.
Hope this helps
Follow-up: Having uneven skin tone on face and oily skin. How to get rid of this? 7 hours later
Does eating almonds and bananas increase weight??
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 13 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
To answer your question: Yes, both of them are calorie dense foods. Almonds are good but only in limited quantities (<5). also you can substitute your 11 am meal with 5 almonds.
As far as bananas are concerned, you can have 1 banana early in the morning when you get up.
So you need to know what time you should be having this so that you dont gain weight.
Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please close the discussion and rate the answer.